ABOUT THE HIMALAYAN RESIDENCY
The “Himalayan Residency” is a haven for those who wish to be our “in house resident scholars, researchers, writers, artists and thinkers”. The Resident Scholar will have to Apply to us & follow standard COVID protocol. They will have the added privilege of using the HICHS library as well.
The Residency is made in vernacular Himalayan style, has two bedrooms, an attic lounge, a balcony, and a verandah with beautiful views and a small little L-shaped garden. Equipped with a kitchen, small dining, cooking stove, fridge, utensils. There is lots of storage space and a variety of books to keep oneself busy. One large bathroom has a hot water geyser, and the entire cottage has internet. The Residency can accommodate 4-5 occupants.
- No smoking
- No loud music to maintain calm and the sanctity of nature
- Guests are to take care of cleaning the Residency on their own
Check in time is 12 noon
- For a full refund of the nightly rate, the guest must cancel within 48 hours of booking and at least 14 full days prior to listing’s local check-in time (shown in the confirmation email).
- For a 50% refund of the nightly rate, the guest must cancel 7 full days before the local check in time (shown in the confirmation email), otherwise no refund.
- If only 50% of the reservation has been paid, no refund will be issued and the remaining 50% will simply not be charged.
- If the guest cancels less than 7 days in advance or decides to leave early after check-in, the nights not spent are not refunded.
- Rs. 3200/- per day
- Academicians & Students Discount @20% with valid ID only
- For long stays exceeding 7 days please enquire
2. Electric kettle and Tea
3. Fridge and cooking stove
4. Basic utensils
5. Clothes may be washed at nominal charge
6. Guests may order food at nominal charge